Give this a whirl: Step 8 of this process will allow you to access this pose more deeply if your belly skin restricts your movement. Give it a try and see what works for you!
- Begin in Mountain Pose
- Inhale , raising arms above your head into Upward Salute
- Hinging from the hips, begin to come forward into Standing Forward Bend.
- Hands can come to the thighs, shins, or to the floor. Stay here for 3 breaths and bring some openness to the back of your legs.
- On your next inhale, come back to Upward Salute. Exhale back to Mountain Pose.
- Repeat steps 2-3.
- Inhale and come half-way up to Half-Standing Forward Bend. From here, place your hands on your thighs and pause.
- To come deeper into standing forward bend, bring your hands to your lower belly. Using your hands, tuck the skin of your belly in toward your thighs. Exhale, and come into full forward bend again.
- Inhale all the way up into Upward Salute, and then exhale into Mountain pose.