Teaching yoga isn’t just a ‘job’ for you — it’s how you serve the world.
It’s your calling — your dharma. Your highest work. A total joyfest.
And every day, you’re called to share the gift of yoga with as many people as possible.
It’s a powerful mission. But without the right training & preparation, some of your curvier students might feel left out of the party. And that’s the last thing you want.
Curvy Yoga CERTIFICATION is a fabulous option for certified yoga teachers who want to add an additional credential to their toolbox — while learning how to create yoga experiences that are inclusive, accessible & enriching for students of every size, shape, age & ability.
Curvy Yoga CERTIFICATION is about bringing a spirit of curiosity, permission & celebration to your classes, while earning an official ‘seal of approval’ — & getting serious business and marketing support.
It’s continuing education for your yoga teaching practice (hello, tax deduction!) - with a business-building booster shot.
“There are so many people who don’t know that there is a yoga for them. With Curvy Yoga we can bring them the best of what yoga has to offer.” ~Debbie Phelan
- You’ll learn how to welcome (and keep) curvy students into your class — and master the anatomical how-tos of Curvy Yoga modifications, with written & teacher-specific video pose instructions for 60+ poses.
- You’ll explore and develop how to make your classes body positive — without having to feel like a cheerleader yelling out “Love Your Body!” every five seconds.
- You’ll be challenged to unpack some of your own hardwired ‘body baggage’ — and clear out the emotional gunk, so you can really show up for your students.
- You’ll develop your own unique series of curvy-friendly sun salutations & floor salutations — and expand your teaching vocabulary, allowing you to explain pose modifications with grace.
- You’ll craft your own unique class & workshop descriptions, and be guided as you create inclusive marketing materials for your website, social media presence & online newsletters.
- You’ll be placed inside a small & lovin’ group — no more than 5 yogis at a time — and work with me for 3 months.
- You’ll have 6 biweekly group lessons in our online video-classroom — plus worksheets & instructional videos to use & watch on your own time. In addition, we’ll set aside half of one of our sessions just for Y-O-U: your questions, your marketing plan, your next steps. Plan on devoting about 2-3 hours a week to your training, for the full 3 month program.
- You’ll have opportunities to work in dynamic duos with fellow students, on independent projects — and even homework assignments. Buddy love!
- You’ll complete (non-sucky) homework assignments on pose modification, communication & body acceptance. You can practice during your regular yoga classes. (Learning on the job — literally.)
- You’ll receive a copy of my book, Permission to CURVE: Inspiring Poses for Curvy Yogis & Their Teachers. It’s a collection of 60+ warm-ups, poses & sun salutations for yogis of every size, age & ability — bigger, rounder, older, injured, or simply differently-abled.
- You’ll hang out & hone your skills in a private Facebook group — just for certified Curvy Yoga teachers (and curvesters-in-training). It’s a rollicking place to ask questions, share on-the-job realizations & learn from other body positive teachers. Peer skill-sharing + a passionate community = In-frickin-valuable support.
“I have done many trainings with experienced and well known yogis, and I feel Anna is up there with the best. Most of the time in the other workshops you are being told what to do, but the Curvy Yoga training is a dialogue and collaboration.” ~Chastidy Whitaker
Upon completing your Curvy Yoga CERTIFICATION program, you’ll receive a boatload of marketing tools & support, including:
- Lifetime use of the Curvy Yoga trademark, including a copy of the Curvy Yoga logo and a “Curvy Yoga Certified” badge to use in all of your print & online marketing materials.
- Your name & website listed on the Curvy Yoga website, so local students can find you! We had 30,000+ unique visitors in 2011, 56,000+ in 2012 and the numbers continue to soar . . .
- Ready-to-roll marketing templates (including Curvy Yoga class flyers), emails to prospective studio owners & a press release template for local media.
- A ‘new teacher’ blog feature on CurvyYoga.com. This is a powerful chance to share your personal yoga story & show the Curvy Yoga community what you’re all about! (These blog features have resulted in new student sign-ups, private session teaching opportunities, fan mail … it’s your moment in the spotlight! Own it!)
- Class planning tools, including sequencing & languaging checklists.
- That private Facebook group I mentioned? You’ll have access, forever.
- Training & material updates — for life. You’ll be invited to attend post-certification training teleseminars and Q&A calls, 4 times a year. And as I unroll new Curvy Yoga Certification products, you’ll get them … for free! The Curves just don’t stop!
- Your course materials will be housed on a private page on my website, so you will need access to the internet to view and download those materials.
- The live classes will utilize both a web-based platform (so you can see both me & my screen) and audio. You will need a computer with internet access, as well as a phone and/or Skype to participate.
- What you won’t need: to brush your hair ahead of time. I won’t be able to see you.
$600 (or 3 payments of $200, which are automatically withdrawn on a monthly basis). See a group day/time that you want to join? Go ahead and snag your spot; I’m only accepting 5 students/group, so you know they’ll go quickly! I recommend that you choose a group that you’ll be able to attend at least 4 times live.
New groups will start in:
January(full & now closed) March(full & now closed)
- June (registration opens in early June)
- September (registration opens in early September)
Want to keep in the loop about when new groups open up? Sign up below!