Looking for an acclaimed expert on body acceptance, bold life transitions — and bringing YOGA to a (bigger) audience?
Well, hello. Nice to meet you, too.
As the creator of Curvy Yoga — and a lifelong advocate for women’s health, happiness & confidence — I’m living proof that when you grab life by the curves, life loves you back.
Ask me about…
- Inspiring yoga pose modifications for bigger-bodied people. With 15 years of practice & over 5 years of teaching, I’ve got the anatomy and instruction down pat. Want images or video of curvy modifications in action? Email me.
- Creating welcoming, accessible, inclusive studio environments for yogis of every size, age & ability. (It’s not rocket science. But it does take some attunement.)
- My personal Yoga adventure from self-loathing to sheer celebration — 65 diets, 15 years of misinformation, and the mind-body breakthrough that changed everything.
Don’t be shocked if I . . .
- Bring a light-hearted, spirited approach to serious topics. (It’s just what I do.)
- Use deeply personal stories to frame universal lessons. Stories move us in ways that stacks of data simply . . . don’t.
- Challenge your readers, listeners & viewers to bring their yoga practice off the mat, and into the world — where the real work begins.
Get to know Curvy Yoga
Want to know a bit about Curvy Yoga? We’ve got you covered with these introductory blog posts:
- Yep, I’m a Fat Yoga Teacher
- Why I Turned to Yoga After Failing 65 Diets
- Curvy Yoga Celebrates All Shapes & Sizes
- Welcoming the Curvy Yogini
- How to Find a Curvy Friendly Yoga Class
- The Curvy Yoga MATifesto
- Yogi Bill of Rights
- Curvy Yoga Myth-Busting
Grab ‘n go – My bio
Anna Guest-Jelley is founder and CEO (Curvy Executive Officer) at Curvy Yoga, a training and inspiration portal offering classes, workshops, teacher trainings, retreats, a virtual studio and lots of love and support to women of every size, age and ability — in six different countries, on three different continents, as well as in over 30 of the United States.
Anna is a writer, teacher and lifelong champion for women’s empowerment and body acceptance. Author of, “Permission to Curve: Inspiring Poses for Curvy Yogis & Their Teachers,” and co-editor of Yoga and Body Image: 25 Personal Stories About Beauty, Bravery & Loving Your Body (Llewellyn, Fall 2014), Anna has been featured online and in print at The Washington Post, xoJane, US News & World Report, Southern Living, Vogue Italia, Yoga International, Yoga Journal, CrazySexyLife, The Daily Love and more. Visit Curvy Yoga online at CurvyYoga.com.