Body Lovin’ Journey
One of the most transformative experiences of my yoga practice was when I spent some time working one-on-one with my yoga teacher. During our time together, I was really able to build my confidence — both on and off the mat — because our time was dedicated to my individual needs and desires for my practice.
Surprisingly to me (at least at the time), it was also a time of great healing. I started my sessions hesitantly and reluctantly, with lots of apologies, excuses and shame about my body. As we went along, though, I felt excited to explore more poses than I’d previously felt comfortable with. From that safe space, I was able to slowly unfurl, both physically and emotionally. I was totally delighted by all the things I never knew I could do! And this delight translated into a warmer relationship with my body that has been growing ever since.
“Anna’s classes are inclusive and tailored to those of us in the curvy category. I was hooked after one class. I then became a private session client. I never dreamed I would enjoy moving my body the way I do under Anna’s guidance. She has a unique understanding of me and my needs, emotionally and physically. For me, our sessions provide deeper understanding of the benefits of yoga, a budding friendship, and a little talk therapy mixed in! I truly bless the day I met Anna.” ~L.E.
What can you expect from a private session with me?
- Magic! (I kid, but only a little.) Seriously, though, private sessions are where some deep transformation can happen. With the time and space to focus exclusively on you, we can really kick your practice into high gear — whether that means building a yoga practice from scratch, learning poses that feel best for your body, shaping your practice around a particular health concern or (even better) some combination that best works for you!
- Before you get started, I will send you a questionnaire to learn more about your vision for your practice. Your answers will be the start of an ongoing conversation about the best ways yoga can be a vehicle for meeting your personal goals.
- During each 60-minute session, we will begin with centering to get really grounded in your body. From there, we will work with particular poses to address the goals you identified.
- After each session, I will email you some poses to practice on your own home. Over time, you will build up your repertoire and home practice.
- In-between sessions, I am always available by email or phone to answer questions that may come up.
“Instinctively, I knew yoga was something that I would benefit from physically, yet I was reluctant to go to a yoga class because of fear. In my search to develop positive feelings towards my body, I met Anna Guest-Jelley. Immediately, I felt comfortable and accepted with Anna’s gentle style of teaching. She not only tailored my private sessions to meet my physical needs, but she also took into consideration my unique mental and emotional needs. Anna’s meeting me where I was helped me develop a plan that has enriched my life tenfold. I highly recommend private sessions with Anna to encourage growth and development in all areas of your life!” ~M.U.
Ready to Get Started?
Private sessions are a lovely way to craft your yoga practice and develop a more loving relationship with your body. I recommend committing to at least four-six weekly or biweekly sessions. This amount of time gives you the opportunity to both experiment with a number of different poses and learn more about how you want to grow your yoga practice. From there, we can determine together how you want to continue — with more weekly private sessions, transitioning to biweekly sessions and adding in a local group class, etc.
“With Anna I’ve learned the possibilities of what I can do if I listen to my body and gained knowledge of how day to day life impacts my yoga practice and how my yoga practice impacts my day to day life. When I struggle with my day to day practice, she is always there gently encouraging me or helping me along. Anna makes yoga fun AND accessible.” ~T.S.
I offer in-person sessions in Nashville. But if you’re not in the Nashville area, not to worry! The magic of the internet has got us covered; I also offer private sessions via Skype.
I offer a free 15-minute information session – either via phone/Skype. This will give us a chance to get to know each other, and it will allow me to learn more about what you want to develop through your yoga practice.
My rate is $97/hour*. If you would like to sign up for a package of 4-6 sessions, that price drops to $75/hour. For packages with more than 6 sessions, please be in touch to work out pricing. Anyone who purchases a 6-session package will also receive a free copy of my book, Permission to CURVE: Inspiring Poses for Curvy Yogis & Their Teachers, along with the accompanying video library ($97/value).
Please contact me to set up your free info session. I can’t wait to work with you to bring the body-lovin’ goodness of yoga into your life!
*If you would like a session for more than one person, please inquire for rates.