YORIGINALITY: a one-of-a-kind (virtual) workshop, for rising yogi stars!
It seems like every time you take a sip of your soy latte, there’s a new yoga studio opening up, just around the corner.
Right now, there are 25,000 yoga studios in the United States — and an ever-increasing demand for fabulous teachers, like you!
But even with all the best training — and years of experience, on the mat — most yoga teachers struggle to answer three vital questions:
- What’s the message I’m here to embody, as a teacher?
- What’s my signature teaching style, and how can I convey it in words — and in action?
- What’s the best way to attract more of the students I want — and fill my classes, like crazy?
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been teaching for 10 years — or 10 days — we promise you:
When you’ve got the answers to those three questions, your yoga career will change, forever … and your students will get the very best of what you have to offer!
This March, I’m joining forces with wordsmith extraordinaire Alexandra Franzen for a day of message-finding, mission-honing, and practical promotional writing — especially for professional yoga teachers!
Here’s what’s going down:
- You’re going to articulate the one-of-a-kind message that you’re here to embody & express — in the studio, and off-the-mat.
- You’re going to sketch out a profile of your fantasy yoga student — and identify at least three places your ideal students are already hanging out, waiting for YOU!
- You’re going to envision a signature yoga class that’s over-the-top unique — right down to the music, lighting & closing mantra. 60 minutes of yoga-powered glory that you — and only you — could possibly bring into the world.
- You’re going to craft a promotional announcement for your signature class, complete with a mini-bio & mat-ifesto — with expert guidance from a professional copywriter!
- You’ll have a chance to declare & describe your signature yoga class to the group — and get loving feedback (and a roar of applause!)
- Oh, and … you’re going to have fun. Mandatory fun.
What you’ll need, to participate:
- A phone or Skype account, to dial into the virtual Yoriginality workshop space.
- A computer with Internet access — so you can download the Yoriginality workbook.
- Something to write with — a notebook & pen, laptop, or whatever makes your fingers happy.
- A brain, a heart, and the desire to deliver the very best of what you’ve got to your students. (And maybe make them cry. In a good way.)
Here’s the flow for the day:
All times = Central Standard Time. But you can join in, from anywhere in the world (time zone converter).
- 10am – 10:15am: Opening circle & meditation.
- 10:15am – 11am: Discovering your signature teaching style (so that you can own it, announce it, and fill your classes like crazy.)
- 11am – 12pm: Crafting your mini-bio & mat-ifesto (even if you insist you’re “not a writer.”)
- 12pm – 1pm: Break-time! (have lunch, stretch, blast some music, or just chilllll.)
- 1pm – 2pm: Designing & leading your signature class (including the language cues you’ll use to welcome Curvy students.)
- 2pm – 3pm: Announcing & promoting your signature class (you’re going to craft a sensational newsletter blurb, blog post or flyer. Oh yes. You shall.)
- 3pm – 3:30pm: Break-time! (put your feet up against a wall, have a cuppa tea, breeeeathe & smile.)
- 3:30pm – 5pm: Q&A, show & tell, closing circle … and farewell!
This is your opportunity to go buck-wild with brave self-expression …
… and create your most original & unforgettable yoga class, ever.
(The kind that’ll have students saying, “Where have you been all my life? And where do I sign up, for unlimited classes?”)
Join me & Alexandra for Yoriginality — a one-day virtual workshop, especially for yoga teachers.
We are beyond excited to co-lead this virtual experience. ‘Cause the yoga world needs more of Yoriginality. (That’s for damn sure.)
The next YORIGINALITY workshop is Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013. Mark your calendars! And be sure to sign up below to get the heads up about when registration opens. We think this one’s gonna fill fast.