Ready for a downward-facing reality check?
According to recent stats, the “average yoga teacher” can expect to make $35,000 a year.
And that’s if you’re a super popular instructor, leading packed classes every single day.
That’s a whole lot of time, energy and effort, for not much of a livelihood.
And while you certainly didn’t become a yoga teacher just to make money, you still need to sustain yourself. $35K a year, for the rest of your teaching career? Yeesh. Not so sustainable.
Good thing you’re not the “average yoga teacher.”
You’re an original. Or shall we say … a yoriginal!
Yoga + Originality = YORIGINALITY
The online workshop for yoga teachers who want more than the “average” career.
YORIGINALITY is a business + marketing workshop for professional yoga teachers.
It happens online.
It runs for a single day.
And it’s designed to help you do three things:
- Clearly articulate the message you stand for, as a teacher.
- Come up with creative new revenue streams — beyond just “teaching more classes.”
- Create a simple (read: one page) plan to set the next chapter of your teaching career in motion.
Between the two of us, we’ve personally mentored + served over 500 entrepreneurs.
When it comes to helping heart-centered teachers shift up to the next level, we’re both packing a serious track record.
We’re also both yogis (obviously!) and love-love-love talkin’ about yoga.
Expect lots of yoga-related puns (kick-asana!) and yoga-based nerdery, throughout the day.
This is big work, but we keep it light. We know what you like.
Want to see what’s next for Yoriginality in 2014?
Here’s what went down in the virtual classroom, in 2013:
- 10am – 10:15am: Opening circle + meditation.
- 10:15am – 11am: How to define your signature teaching style (so that you can own it, announce it, and fill your classes like crazy.)
- 11am – 12pm: How to write a yoga-tastic bio + mat-ifesto (even if you insist you’re “just not a writer.”)
- 12pm – 1pm: Break-time! (have lunch, stretch, blast some music, or just chill.)
- 1pm – 2pm: How to make money, money, money! Creative ways to dial up your income — and why longing for more money is totally OK.
- 2pm – 3pm: How to write a kick-asana class description + 10 ways to promote yourself.
- 3pm – 3:30pm: Break-time! (put your feet up against a wall, have a cuppa tea, breeeeathe + smile.)
- 3:30pm – 5pm: Q+A, show + tell, closing circle … and farewell!
“Thank you for creating a workshop well worth the money and time spent. Yoriginality was worth every minute - a high compliment from a toddler’s mom! I also feel like I got my money’s worth. The best workshop I have ever done! Yoriginality is a complete course in itself.” ~Tami Hackbarth
We are thrilled to continue co-teaching YORIGINALITY — in the future!
Want to keep up with what we’re doing next? Sign up below, and you’ll receive a yogawesome treat when you sign up for a reminder — a collection of Anna’s best articles on the business of yoga, and Alex’s best articles on clear, simple writing.