In our very first episode of Love, Curvy Yoga, we interview Dr. Melody Moore of the Embody Love Movement.
Given the incredible work that Dr. Moore has done thus far on yoga and body acceptance, with Embody Love and through her other work, she was a perfect choice for our inaugural podcast. We are so happy to share her and her insights with you in this way!
In This Episode
In our interview we go deep on the following topics:
- What “embodying love” means and why it’s important for your life
- Why it’s important to identify what the feeling of “hunger” is telling us about what we need
- What the Embody Love Movement is and why it’s important for young people (and folks of all ages)
- How yoga is symbolic of what is happening in our life and why you can’t blame the mat
- The one thing that yoga teachers should know about supporting their students’ practice further
- And so much more…
We’re also so happy to announce that we’ve partnered with Embody Love Movement!
Because we believe in their work so much, and to celebrate another year of Curvy Yoga goodness, we’re donating $3,000 to Embody Love Movement. Our donation will support girls with their body acceptance journey and to help provide them access to classes, such as the Movement’s Inner Beauty Shops, that truly support the movement.
If you’d like to get involved, whether you’d like to contribute financially or otherwise, here’s how you can do that:
- Donate: For every dollar you donate, you’ll help one girl gain access to a class. $25 completely covers one girl’s tuition. This is a simple way to get involved and you will make a difference in someone’s life. And remember, we will be matching your donations, so every dollar you donate is really two!
- Become a Facilitator: becoming a facilitator is a rewarding experience for yoga teachers as you’ll be involved in the movement at the ground level and can share it in your community.
Meet Our Guest, Dr. Melody Moore
Dr. Melody Moore is the founder and chief love-ologist at Embody Love Movement, a non-profit whose vision is to create a world where all see and treat themselves, and therefore everyone, as lovable without condition. She is a Clinical Psychologist who specializes in the treatment of girls and women with the range of Eating Disorders and negative body image.
After spending seven years in Private Practice, Dr. Moore co-founded Embody Love Center, an integrated treatment center that addresses body, mind, and soul by combining psychotherapy, yoga and meditation practice, and holistic nutrition. She is also on the supervising faculty for the Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology at the University of Texas at Southwestern Medical School, a founding member of The Catalyst Collective and a Regional Leader for Off the Mat, Into the World.
Dr. Moore is a dedicated yoga teacher and student, and believes wholeheartedly that the revolution begins within each of us.
Connect with Dr. Moore in the following places: